Thank you, postdoctoral community, for your strong support!
The survey is now closed and the work of data analysis has begun.
Please check out the preprint of NPS survey results on BioRxiv: Career Choice, Gender, and Mentor Impact: Results of the U.S. National Postdoc Survey.
Stay tuned for future publication information.
Check out where we’ve received the most responses on the map below!
Thank you for visiting the official website of the National Postdoc Survey (NPS).
This survey was conceived and developed by postdocs to benefit all members of the postdoctoral community – independent of academic discipline – by addressing a critical need to collect data about the postdoc experience in the US.
Specifically, ‘postdoc’ encompasses classical postdoctoral research fellows and scholars as well as others beyond doctoral work, including research associate/assistant professors and research professionals (and any others working in scientific training or temporary positions, post-PhD).
Over 7,000 have already responded! Here’s why you should too:
- Contribute data to this inaugural survey, an opportunity to make your voice heard
- Inform advocacy efforts and help improve all aspects of the postdoc experience
- Speak as honestly and candidly as you like – responses are completely anonymous
- Enjoy a streamlined set of questions, estimated to take 15-20 minutes to complete
- Enter into drawing for $200 travel awards to a scientific meeting of your choice
Summary results obtained from NPS responses are expected to facilitate identification of important issues within the postdoctoral community, and to provide data that can subsequently be used to inform and equip those who advocate for policy on behalf of postdocs.
Thank you for participating in the NPS, and for all that you do for postdocs!